Juliet at Pride
Some moms from Galileo went to Dallas Pride this weekend to share “Mom Hugs” with anybody who needed one. Jeana took photos, and Juliet wrote her impressions of the day:
Random things about today:
1. So sweaty.
2. Thank you so much to Jeana because I wouldn't have done it without her.
3. Because I am bad at reading details, I figured out like the night before that I had signed up to be IN a parade.
4. So much glitter.
5. So many beautiful children of God.
6. I would do it all again tomorrow for the half dozen people who teared up at the idea of a Mom who wanted to hug them. And the half dozen who kissed my cheek and said, "Thank you so much, sweetie."
7. Even if you're 50 or so, you still might need a Mom to take the back off your sticker for you.
8. I've never hugged so many people in pasties before. Or any people in pasties, actually.
9. It was my first Pride anything, and my first parade to be in since I was about 8 years old and marched as Betsy Ross in the Fourth of July parade.
10. Giving Mom hugs is the best.